For centuries the will to explore and cross the human limits has brought people up to the Arctic areas.
The wild and remote destination has opened minds and eyes to see the beauty of the raw and untouched nature. This is where we go. This is the adventure.
No support teams, no scouting units nor extra staff on the road. Just your own team on sleds, heading from the magical Arctic Circle line for 1000 km up to the Arctic Ocean, the end of the world. Literally.
Target is clear – to reach the Northern most point of the mainland of Europe. After that – there is nothing.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
All tours on request from 15.02 - 15.04
4-5 people in a group: 3970€ per person
6-7 people in a group: 3380€ per person
8 people in a group: 2980€ per person
Minimum 4 people traveling together
- All transfers and activities mentioned in the program
- All meals and accommodation according to the program
- Professional guiding in English and Finnish
- Driving equipment, thermal outer-clothing and boots
- International flights to Rovaniemi or Kuusamo Airports
- Travel insurance
- Rovaniemi, Finland
Travel program Click to openClick to close
- Early start at Wild Nordic Safari House, located at the Arctic Circle, Rovaniemi. You'll get your pro gears; riding pants, jacket, helmet, gloves, socks, boots and dry sacks (gear list and info will be sent beforehand).
- Day plan, safety brief and off we go!
- The first 200 km is pretty easy, depending on the trail conditions. You'll get familiar to your sled and your guide will take you also to some deep snow section to get the idea for some powder ride - these skills you'll need later during the expedition.
- The last 150 km will be more remote trails, out from the civilization.
- The first destination is Kakslauttanen Igloo Village. Hope for the Northern Lights as after the dinner we will stay overnight in special glass igloos, under the stars.
- Sleep well - you need the rest.
- After early breakfast it is time to hop on the machines again - long day ahead. We'll leave the igloo village behind and head over the fjells to one of the biggest lakes in Finland (100 km wide), lake Inari.
- We have reached the Sámi area - this is real, deep Lapland. The more north we go, the trees are getting smaller and smaller - finally, it is only white emptiness. We say you are "in the middle of the snowhere".
- This 350 - 450 km day (depends on the weather / snow conditions) ends to the Northern most point of EU, Nuorgam.
- Local cozy cabin offers a warm shelter to your tired body and you can relax and stretch while enjoying Finnish sauna. The family who runs the place (Nuorgamin Lomakeskus) has prepared delicious meal - time to enjoy that before you fall asleep.
- Gear up - now we head to the mountains.
- Crossing the border line of Finland and Norway is simple - you just ride to the other side of the frozen river. After the first 20 kilometers we get the first idea of what to expect; big landscapes, deep valleys surrounded by majestic mountains - this is from where we need to find the trail to go. Weather conditions might change fast. After the sunshine and clear sky, you can hit a snowstorm in 2 minutes. Still - your guide knows where to go and what to do. Let's hope to see what we want - before the dark comes.
- Our final destination up in the hills of Mehamn - the great Arctic Ocean.
- This is it - you have done it!
Evening and night will be spent at the Adventure Camp, a special place built on the poles, ocean under our feet. Sauna, Hot Tub and special King Crab dinner is waiting - time to celebrate and toast!
Extra tip - as an addition to your riding experience, we can book a deep sea fishing program for the late afternoon (not included to the price).
- Time to leave the Ocean behind and start the journey back home. A driver with a huge trailer will pick up the group from Mehamn and we head back to "south" (option to have a flight back already from Mehamn airport or Ivalo airport or drive back to Rovaniemi for the return flight). If there has been heavy snow, avalanches or snowstorms which have blocked the roads, we might need also to return back to Nuorgam by snowmobiles. This is something we need to be prepared as roads might be blocked for few days.
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- Group size is maximum 8 people plus guide.
- You will get high quality thermal outdoor outfits and boots for the snow mobile safari. We will ask for your sizes before hand and the outfits will be waiting you on spot. There is no personal outdoor equipment required, but functional long sport underwear and warm layer beneath your jacket is recommended for your own comfort.
- Deductibles in case of snowmobile damage 900€.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This also concerns changes in programs as a result of weather conditions.