Aurora Borealis House is located in the central area of Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge, close to the main building and riverside sauna. It takes only ~60 meters by foot to walk to the restaurant.
This cabin represents traditional Finnish building style for the lumberjacks living and working in the forest. The house is built of large logs, which are visible both from outside and inside. There is a small terrace at the entrance, the cabin is also accessible by the wheelchair.
Aurora Borealis House has two wings for Standard rooms and Suites.
Aurora Borealis Suites consist of two bedrooms, both interconnecting to a small living room with a convertible sofa. Further, there is a common lounge and shower and toilet for both suites.
Aurora Borealis Suites can be rented per bedroom in January-March.
During other times Suites are available as one unit of two suite bedrooms, lounge, shower and wc.
– Main house and saunas – 60 m
– Hiking routes – 100 m
– Rovaniemi airport – 19 km
– Rovaniemi city centre and train station – 23 km
– Santa Claus Village – 16 km
Aurora Borealis Suites floorplan
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- BREAKFAST: Buffet breakfast is served in the Main Lodge only if pre-ordered. December - March min 2 person, April - November min 10 person. The prices is 15 € per person.
- RESTAURANT: Restaurant is located at the Main Lodge, we request to pre-order the meals. December - March min 2 person, April - November min 10 person.
- SAUNA: Price includes use of Riverside sauna on one occasion during your stay
- CHECK IN: Check in time: 16.00. Check out time: 12.00. Unless agreed otherwise.
- TRANSFERS: We are happy to provide airport pick ups and other transfers, please send your request.
- BOOKINGS: All additional services and single room reservations can be made by phone +358 500 599 999 or by e-mail email@example.com
Group reservations (min 10 persons) to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities in Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge Click to openClick to close
- HIKING: Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge is located at the gateway of Arctic Circle Hiking Area. You can choose among different length of marked hiking trails from 400 meters to 15 km.
- SNOWSHOES: Rent snowshoes to wonder around the beautiful forest area on your own. Price is 5 € per person per 3 hours, please inquire from the staff on spot.
- FOREST SKIS: Rent forest skis to go for a longer hikes in the forest. Forest skis are designed especially to move in the deep snow, they are longer than normal cross country skis. Fits all sizes. Price is 5 € per person per 3 hours, please inquire from the staff on spot.
- WINTER SAFARIS: There is a wide selection of winter safaris available in Rovaniemi. You can join Wild Nordic own production tours with free transfer from the Lodge. All our snowmobiling safaris are starting from Santa Claus Village, it is possible to combine the activity with free time to visit the Village. Selection of all safaris: http://wildnordic.fi/safaris/rovaniemi-safaris/, please contact email@example.com to find suitable tours for you!
- VISIT SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE: It takes only 15 minutes ride to Santa Claus Village where you can spend your day discovering and enjoying the Christmas magic. Return transfer price is 60 € for max 4 people, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.