This snowmobile safari is specialised for the families with little children. We will go for the ride on the forest trails around the Santa Claus Village area, where parents can ride own snowmobile and children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guides snowmobile (children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.)
You will enjoy the beautiful wintery scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy nature. 2 adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge.
After adult-snowmobiling, it is time for children to have more fun.
We stop at the special area, where is safe for children to ride on their own on the mini-snowmobile. Self ride is suitable for children up to 11-12 years; smaller kids will be helped by the parent or guide.
At the same time the guide will light up a bonfire and we will enjoy a picnic where everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages and we serve Lappish berry juice to keep you warm.
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
Snowmobile safaris start and end in the Wild Nordic office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Duration: 3 hours
Daily at 14.00 - 17.00 from 1.12.2016 - 31.03.2017
Adults 125 € per person (if 2 on 1 snowmobile)
Adults 174 € per person (if 1 on 1 snowmobile)
Children (4-14y): 94 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full price.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2016. to 31.03.2017 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.