Ice fishing is a very popular leisure time activity for local people in Lapland, it suits for everyone! Rovaniemi is ideal for fishing buffs: we have great selection of frozen rivers, rapids, lakes and ponds in the area. The ice gets very thick in the winter and you are safe to walk and stay on it.
We will approach one of these spots by the car and set our fishing spot up in a lovely wilderness atmosphere. Our guide will introduce you the technic of ice fishing. First you will drill your own hole into the ice and then place the hook into water.
Fish don’t expend much energy during the winter months, therefore if you move your bait or jig too fast a fish might let it go in order to save energy. Catch is not guaranteed, but most likely for patient fishermen.
While you are fishing, we warm up the sausages and hot drinks by a campfire – nothing is better than a small picnic in the wilds!
Duration: 3 hours
Daily at 11.00 - 14.00 from 01.12.2017 - 31.03.2018
Adults 119 € per person
Children (4-14y) 59 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf)
- Hot drinks and grilled sausages on open fire
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2017. to 31.03.2018 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.