We invite you to visit handicraft workshop of the local artist Mrs. Irene Kangasniemi and her traditional Lappish log-built home! After the tour at the handicraft workshop, you get the chance to make your own small object made from reindeer antler or from leather.
Using example articles, Irene and Ari Kangasniemi tell of established traditions and the reindeer antler work currently being produced at Kangasniemi House, as well as reindeer antler working in general. Reindeer leather has been used for making different everyday artifacts, such as footwear, backpacks, clothing, pouches and animal harnesses.
After the presentation everyone will have the opportunity to make your own beautiful souvenir from reindeer antler or leather using your creativity. No other special skills are needed, the artist will guide your way in the process. Following this, you will be taken to explore her genuine, Lappish home and way of life.
Duration: 2 hours
On request all year around
Own transportation, minimum 4 persons: 53 € / person
Own transportation, minimum 2 persons: 106 € / person
Our transportation, minimum 4 persons: 102 € / person
Our transportation, minimum 2 persons: 203 € / person
Minimum of 4 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00 - 16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the booking.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
– 7-3 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
– 3-1 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
– less than 24 hours or no show 100% of the total amount.
Online reservation cancellation handling fee is 25 € per reservation. The fee applies for any reservations booked and paid via Wild Nordic webshop.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.