Both reindeer husbandry and ice fishing have been important aspects of the local people to survive the winters in Lapland.
This unique tour combines visit to genuine local reindeer farm, located next to the beautiful lake, not far from Rovaniemi.
You will meet the real reindeer herders, who will tell you about their way of life hand by hand with nature. There are many great possibilities for taking photos during tour in the farm, you can feed the reindeers with their favourite snacks and have a 2,5 km sleigh ride pulled by a reindeer along the beautiful forest trails.
Warm drinks with a pastry are served, while you listen to interesting stories about reindeer herding and wilderness life in Lapland. After getting to know the reindeer, we will go to the frozen lake, where herders often spend their free time to catch a fish to their dining table. Drilling a hole to the ice and set a hook is part of the daily life here. Fish don’t expend much energy during the winter months; therefore if you move your bait or jig too fast a fish might let it go in order to save energy.
Catch is not guaranteed, but most likely for patient fishermen!
Duration: 4 hours
All departures on request from 02.1.2018 to 31.03.2018
Adults: 149 € per person
Children (4-14y): 105 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Hot drinks and snacks
- Reindeer Farm visit
- Guidance on English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2017. to 31.03.2018 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment.
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.