This snowmobile safari will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the forest trails around the Santa Claus Village area. You will enjoy the beautiful wintery scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy nature.
After snowmobiling we will go to local Reindeer Farm where you will get to experience short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. We warm ourselves up in the Lappish tepee called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies will be served for the guests. Here we take part of the mysterious Arctic Circle ceremony, where you will be told the Oldest Legend of Lapland. Then it is time to leave and end the tour.
Buffet lunch will be served at the Santa Claus Village, after what you will get to visit Santa Claus Post office and meet with Santa Claus himself. There will be enough free time to discover Santa Claus Village and all the souvenir shops.
2 adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge. The tour is suitable for families with children, children are traveling in the sledge pulled by the guides snowmobile. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
You will be awarded with the International Reindeer Driver’s License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate.
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
Snowmobile safaris start and end in the Wild Nordic office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Duration: 6 hours
Daily at 09.00 - 15.00 from 1.12.2016 - 31.03.2017
Adults 183 € per person (if 2 on 1 snowmobile)
Adults 232 € per person (if 1 on 1 snowmobile)
Children (4-14y) 138 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Visit to the reindeer farm and a short sleigh ride
- Hot drinks and cookies
- Meeting with Santa
- Free time to visit Santa’s Post Office and souvenir shops
- Lunch in Santa Claus Village
- International Reindeer Driver’s License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full price.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2016. to 31.03.2017 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.