We invite you to visit handicraft workshop of the local artist Mrs. Irene Kangasniemi and her traditional Lappish log-built home! After the tour at the handicraft workshop, you get the chance to make your own small object made from reindeer antler or from leather.
Using example articles, Irene and Ari Kangasniemi tell of established traditions and the reindeer antler work currently being produced at Kangasniemi House, as well as reindeer antler working in general. Reindeer leather has been used for making different everyday artifacts, such as footwear, backpacks, clothing, pouches and animal harnesses.
After the presentation everyone will have the opportunity to make your own beautiful souvenir from reindeer antler or leather using your creativity. No other special skills are needed, the artist will guide your way in the process. Following this, you will be taken to explore her genuine, Lappish home and way of life.
Duration: 2 hours
On request all year around
Own transportation, minimum 4 persons: 53 € / person
Own transportation, minimum 2 persons: 106 € / person
Our transportation, minimum 4 persons: 102 € / person
Our transportation, minimum 2 persons: 203 € / person
Minimum of 4 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 4 persons paying a full price
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date
- The guidance is in English, other languages on request
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.