The Lampivaara Amethyst Mine is a fascinating travel destination 120 km from Rovaniemi. The amethysts of Lampivaara fell were born 2 000 million years ago, deep in the bowels of the ancient mountains.
During the guided tour you will learn about the geology that created the amethyst, their properties, the history of the mine and some of the uses of amethyst. After the tour, each visitor will be able to try their hand at digging for their own personal lucky amethyst! At the end of the visit there will be some time to drop by the small Amethyst Shop on site, where amethyst from the area in the form of jewellery and other decorative items is for sale.
Please note, the closest parking area is approximately 2 km, it takes 45 minutes to walk through the forest to the mine (one way) and back. Please wear comfortable shoes, not recommended for anyone with moving disability.
Duration: 6 hours
Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10.00 - 16.00 from 1.06.-30.10.2017.
Adults 143€ per person
Children (4-14y) 106€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- All described activities, services
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00 - 16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the booking.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
– 7-3 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
– 3-1 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
– less than 24 hours or no show 100% of the total amount.
Online reservation cancellation handling fee is 25 € per reservation. The fee applies for any reservations booked and paid via Wild Nordic webshop.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.