Weddings and Celebrations
The Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge is truly a picture perfect location for your Exotic Lapland Wedding. Feel the romance in hundreds of candles and celebrate your love under the starry sky or the midnight sun!
The nature at the Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge and its hiking area are enough as decorations and for taking stunning wedding photos! We can arrange your wedding party and ceremony outdoors, in our charming Wilderness Hut and the atmospheric log restaurant. Since Rovaniemi is the hometown of Santa Claus, you could also invite a very special guest to the wedding as a present for your friends and family… Surprise is guaranteed for all guests!
Lovely accommodation is found right by the venues with a good amount of choices for singles, families and couples. The lodge has also a wonderful riverside sauna for indulging in traditional experiences and while in Lapland, why not treat your guests with some cool activities! We offer a range of them in Rovaniemi, see here for activities at the Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge.
Plan your Wedding in the wilderness now!
The Venues and Wild Nordic Finland Wedding Packages
The Wilderness Hut, deep in the forest but only a 500-meter walk away from the main building, is the winter venue for our Lapland theme weddings. The hut will be decorated with tens of candles and the guests can sit comfortably on benches covered with soft reindeer skins! Tasty aperitifs and sparkling wine are served with the ceremony which takes place in the candle illuminated wooden hut. During summer time we recommend for the ceremony to be planned outside and the hut to be utilized for toast and finger food post-ceremony.
We have created a full service package for those who do not live in Finland and lack the local network and country knowledge to plan a wedding independently. Should you require only part of the services we will make you a tailor made offer with just the necessary parts.
Arctic Wilderness Wedding package 1090 EUR + 48 EUR/person
Includes the following services:
– Rental of the Hut (1–4 hours)
– Decoration of the location with candles (the hut and the path leading up to it)
– Sparkling wine toast or hot glow wine
– Selection of Lapas (Lappish style finger food)
– Wedding coordination services
– Justice officer from register office to perform the ceremony
– Assistance with legal documents
Note: All additional decorations and flowers are for extra cost depending of the customers wishes
Extra arrangements include but not limited to:
– Hair & Makeup bookings
– Flowers & extra Decorations
– Photo shoot with Reindeer
– Special meals (e.g. Wedding cake)
Example Menus for celebratory dinner in the main restaurant
Arctic Circle Special
– Creamy morel soup
– Reindeer filet with blueberry-port sauce and Lappish potatoes
– Lappish cheese in cinnamon cream
– Creamy parsnip soup
– Local white fish with lemon sauce, potato cake and vegetables of the season
– Creme brúle and homemade lemon curd
The set menu prices include rental of the restaurant space for private use up to 4 or 8 hours. Note: private dinners subject to availability during the winter season.
In addition to desserts our kitchen is happy to bake you a simple cake! However, if the wedding cake is an important part of your big day we would suggest to use one of the local bakeries and their professional bakers to create your dream wedding cake. We can make suggestions, place the order and arrange the pick-up if necessary.
Getting married in Finland – the paperwork
We will assist with informing you the steps you need to take in order to be married in Finland and take care of the local arrangements on your behalf.
Local registry office instructions:
“If neither of the spouses is a Finnish national and neither of them have a place of residence in Finland, they must present an account stating, that marrying in Finland is allowed in their country of nationality or residence, in addition to the statement of marital status. The statement must be authenticated. If required, the statement must be translated, and if the translation is carried out abroad then the translation must also be authenticated.”
What you need:
– Authenticated account that your country allows marrying in Finland
– A statement of marital status from his/her home country
Note: these documents may have to be translated and authenticated
– Total of 20 rooms in two large log houses and four apartments.
– For the winter 2017/2018 we welcome 10 pcs 2-person Panorama Design Huts, perfect as Wedding Suites!