Outfit rental Rovaniemi
Photo: Wild Nordic Finland
Temperatures in Rovaniemi in winter vary between -5 °C and -35 °C. It is important to dress properly in order to enjoy the outdoor activities. If you follow our recommendations you will be comfortable regardless of the temperature!
Please remember the most important thing is having layers of clothing – they do not need to be thick but there needs to be several of them. Also, make sure your hair is always dry before leaving from the hotel.
Your own clothes:
– Long-sleeved thermal underwear
– Socks: cotton socks to skin, woolen socks on top of cotton ones
– Trousers: loose-fitting, fleece, cotton or similar
– Shirt: loose-fitting, high collar, cotton or similar
– Sweater: wool, fleece or similar
It is also important to dress your children accordingly for the weather.
Have a look at How to Dress for Winter for a guide on dressing correctly.
On our safaris we provide the following clothing:
– Woolen socks
– Winter boots: at least one size bigger than your usual size. Air in the boot keeps your feet warm.
– Woolen scarf
– Thermal overall: one size bigger than your usual size
This clothing can be worn on top of your own winter jacket and pants if the weather is very cold.
On the snowmobile safari you will also receive fleece balaclava and a helmet.
We understand that many visitors might not have the right kind of equipment for the snow conditions and minus degrees we experience daily here in Lapland, so we are happy to rent you a comprehensive package of winter clothing with which you’ll be able to withstand and enjoy the magical winter of Lapland.
The equipment can be fitted on and picked up at our Safari Center across the road from Santa Claus Village at Joulupukintie 1.
Rental gears – additional information
- The period of rental is agreed in advance. It will begin from the time at which the rental equipment is received by the renter and end when the equipment should be returned to the location agreed with a representative of the rental company.
- Rent shall be paid in advance for the entirety of the agreed period of rental.
- The renter is liable for all damages to all the rental equipment during the rental period with the exception of natural wear and tear. The renter is also liable for any loss of the rental equipment. In case of damage or loss of rental equipment, the renter is liable to compensate the full sales value, with minimum amount of 150 €.
- The rental company reserves the right to charge any possible costs of repair separately.
- If the renter needs help during the rental period, the rental company can provide the extra service with the cost of 79 € / hour. Price includes a service person, a possible trailer and fuel.
- Cancellation of the rental agreement should be made in writing to an official email. Order number has to be mentioned.
Fees of cancellation are as follows:
- Less than 24 hours before start of rental period: 100% of the rental amount
When renting outfits
please inform shoe size, clothing size, height and weight / per outfit. This way we find you the right size outfit to wear.