Panoramic Snowshoeing in the Arctic Circle Wilderness with Lunch
Photo: Michael Mead
79 € / Child
Discover the true Lapland nature by hiking through untouched snow blankets and under the trees covered in white.
Snowshoeing, a traditional Lappish way of getting around, allows you to explore places inaccessible by foot during snowy time.
After a 20-minute transfer out from the city, you’ll arrive in a wilderness area where it’s time to put on your snowshoes and follow our guide to the surrounding nature: Embrace the tranquility and peace of the arctic woods and breathe in the purest air in the world. Fresh outdoor air is effective in arousing one’s appetite, so by the end of the tour it’s time to treat yourself with a delicious warm lunch: meal is served at the Wilderness resort restaurant, a traditional log manor that used to house lumberjacks who worked on the river.
Please note: Basic physical fitness is required for this tour and thus it’s not recommended for young children or persons with remarkable physical limitations. Guests of Arctic Circle Wilderness resort can enjoy this experience right from their doorstep.
Additional information for individual travellers
Find our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy here.
All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment.
- Some of the products include in winter season a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woolen socks, in snowmobile safaris also helmet and balaclava. This is mentioned in product info.
- Please note: in winter time you always need to have winter outfit for all programs.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with a possible supplement of 39 € per hour through Monday to Saturday and 55 € per hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all snowmobile tours we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy or photo is suitable.
- Please note that it is strictly prohibited to drive a snowmobile under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The starting point for the safari is stated in the booking confirmation.
- The snowmobile driver is held liable for any damages caused to the snowmobile. The driver is held liable for a flat rate of 900 € per person in case of an accident. For our shorter snowmobile tours it is possible for the driver to purchase an insurance from Wild Nordic for 15 € per person (subject to change as advised by Wild Nordic), which reduces the maximum liability to 150 € per person.
NORTHERN LIGHTS TOURS:
- Northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or the colour on the evening of the tour.
- Northern lights flight: you need to bring with you your passport and voucher to present, if requested, to your guide.
HIKING BASED ACTIVITIES:
- For hiking based activities a reasonable level of fitness is recommended.
- All safaris start and end at Wild Nordic Safari Center office (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. The starting point for the safari is stated in the booking confirmation.
- Most of the tours include a transfer from the main accommodations in the central area of Rovaniemi. Customers shall wait for their pick-up at the given meeting time and point notified by Wild Nordic. All the pick-up times are subject to a 15-minute difference depending on the other participants joining the tours.
- For the tours ending at the Wild Nordic Safari Center, located next to the Santa Claus Village, you can always skip the return transfer if you wish to visit Santa Claus.
- All safaris start and end at in the centre of Levi at the address Myllyjoentie 2. The starting point for the safari is stated in the booking confirmation.
If you have additional questions, please check our FAQ page – it gives a quick overview about the questions we are asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
Daily at 10.00
- Tour includes a pick-up/drop-off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village, Arctic Treehouse Hotel, Apukka Resort and the Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort.
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf)
- Warm lunch served indoors in a wilderness restaurant.