Reindeer Safari to Search for the Northern Lights
Spotting the Northern Lights is an experience to remember forever – especially if you’ll get to watch them while traveling through the silent night in a reindeer sleigh, comfortably wrapped in warm blankets.
Far away from city lights and in the darkness of the arctic night, the conditions on this tour are perfect for Aurora hunting. The reindeer ride is approximately 45 minutes, after which you will warm yourself with a hot drink and traditional Finnish pastry.
Transfer to the reindeer farm takes approximately 25 minutes one way. Transfer from Vaattunki Wilderness Resort and Apukka Resort available from 1.12.2022 onwards with an extra fee (25 € per person), Rovaniemi city center and Santa Claus Village pick-up included in the rate. Time and place for the meeting will be confirmed upon the reservation.
Please note: Northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
Additional information for individual travellers
Find our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy here.
All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment.
- Some of the products include in winter season a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woolen socks, in snowmobile safaris also helmet and balaclava. This is mentioned in product info.
- Please note: in winter time you always need to have winter outfit for all programs.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with a possible supplement of 39 € per hour through Monday to Saturday and 55 € per hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all snowmobile tours we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy or photo is suitable.
- Please note that it is strictly prohibited to drive a snowmobile under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The starting point for the safari is stated in the booking confirmation.
- The snowmobile driver is held liable for any damages caused to the snowmobile. The driver is held liable for a flat rate of 900 € per person in case of an accident. For our shorter snowmobile tours (up to 3 hours duration) it is possible for the driver to purchase an insurance from Wild Nordic for 15 € per person (subject to change as advised by Wild Nordic), which reduces the maximum liability to 150 € per person.
- Teenagers must be at least 140cm to sit on a snowmobile paying adult price. Children will be sitting on a sleigh pulled by the guide snowmobile if the type of tour allows it.
- Sleigh rides are not recommended for children younger than 3 years old.
NORTHERN LIGHTS TOURS:
- Northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or the colour on the evening of the tour.
- Northern lights flight: you need to bring with you your passport and voucher to present, if requested, to your guide.
HIKING BASED ACTIVITIES:
- For hiking based activities a reasonable level of fitness is recommended.
- All safaris start and end at Wild Nordic Safari Center office (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. The starting point for the safari is stated in the booking confirmation.
- Most of the tours include a transfer from the meeting points in the central area of Rovaniemi. Customers shall wait for their pick-up at the given meeting time and point notified by Wild Nordic. All the pick-up times are subject to a 15-minute difference depending on the other participants joining the tours.
- For the tours ending at the Wild Nordic Safari Center, located next to the Santa Claus Village, you can always skip the return transfer if you wish to visit Santa Claus.
- All safaris start and end at in the centre of Levi at the given meeting point of the tour. The starting point and time for the safari is stated in the booking confirmation.
If you have additional questions, please check our FAQ page – it gives a quick overview about the questions we are asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
Children (4-14) 95€
01.12. – 30.12. at 19:30, Monday-Saturday
01.01. – 09.03. at 19:30, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
11.03. – 06.04. at 20:30, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Tour includes a pick-up/drop-off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village, Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Pick up from Apukka Resort and Vaattunki Wilderness Resort for extra fee of 25€ per person. Time and place for the meeting will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Visit to the reindeer farm with a sleigh ride. The sleigh fits 2 adults and 1 to 2 small children.
- Hot drinks and sweet buns enjoyed in the warmth of indoors
- Plenty of photo opportunities of the northern lights, reindeer and the surrounding nature
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request