Reindeer Safari and Ice Fishing Experience
Reindeer husbandry and ice fishing have been important aspects of the lives of the local people during the long harsh
winters in Lapland, and this unique tour combines these both. Surrounded by the beautiful nature of Lapland – this tour
is sure to be truly memorable.
The whole experience takes place in the area of the reindeer farm. Here you will meet
real reindeer herders, who will tell you about their way of life hand in hand with nature. One can also feed the reindeer
their favourite snacks. Warm drinks with cookies are served indoors, while you listen to interesting stories about
reindeer herding and wilderness life in Lapland. After getting to know the reindeer, we will go to the ice, where we will
try our luck at ice fishing. You learn the necessary skills so you can drill your hole in the ice and set the hook ready. A
catch is not guaranteed but most likely for a patient fisherman! The program duration is approximately 3 hours.
Please note: the thermal clothing for this tour is not included. If you need thermal clothing rental please contact us for
Daily at 12.15 from 01.12 – 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
- Visit to the reindeer farm with a sleigh ride of approximately 3 km (duration of the ride 30 – 45 minutes). The sleigh fits 2 adults and 1 to 2 small children.
- Hot drinks and snacks while listening to the stories of the reindeer herder way of life
- An ice fishing experience
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- No transfer – the guide will meet you at the Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort reception. Time for the meeting will be confirmed upon the reservation.