Snowmobile Safari to a Reindeer Farm and Santa Claus Village
This snowmobile safari will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the forest trails around Santa Claus
Village area. You will enjoy the beautiful wintry scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy
After snowmobiling we will go to a local reindeer farm where you will get to experience a short but exciting
reindeer sleigh ride. We warm ourselves up in the Lappish tepee called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and
cookies will be served for the guests. Here we take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony, where you will be
told the Oldest Legend of Lapland. You will be awarded with the international reindeer driving license and the Arctic
Circle crossing certificate. We return to the Arctic Circle, where buffet lunch will be served at Santa Claus Village.
After lunch you have free time to visit Santa Claus Office and meet Santa on your own. There is also time to
discover Santa Claus Village, send postcards from Santa’s Post Office and look around in the souvenir shops.
Duration of the program is 6 hours including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour
and 30 - 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations.
Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the
sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Daily at 09.00 from 1.12 – 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
- Tour includes a pick-up/drop-off transfer from the Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort reception. Time for the
meeting will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes.
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (700 m, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life, and an Arctic Circle Ceremony. The time here is approximately 1 hour.
- Lunch in Santa Claus Village, meeting with Santa, free time to visit Santa’s Post Office and souvenir shops.
- International Reindeer Driving License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request