Husky Safari into the Deep Forest, morning tour
Get away from the city and enjoy the magnificent views of the Lappish forests and hills, while driving your own dog-team. The sound of the panting huskies and the snow underneath your sled are the perfect soundtrack for this popular husky adventure.
After the arrival to the kennel, you will receive a safety brief and driving instructions. The
usual length of the trail is 12 - 18 km and takes about 1 hour 30 minutes time. This depends on the weather
conditions and the skills of the participants. Hot juice and cookies will be served after the ride together with the
stories about the husky kennel. Then it is time to embark the transfer bus and head back to Rovaniemi.
Two adults share one sled, up to two children travel together with their parents.
You can also choose to take single supplement to reserve a sled for yourself only.
Please note that the transfer from the city center to the kennel takes approximately 45 minutes one way.
30.11–31.03 at 09.00, daily
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks and a warm hat)
- A husky sled ride of approximately 12 – 18 km (around 1 hour and 30 minutes), safety brief and driving instructions
- Hot juice and cookies while having an informative talk with the husky guides
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request