Reindeer Safari in the Deep Forest
Traveling on a sleigh pulled by reindeer is a very old way of traveling in Lapland.
This traditional mode of transport brings you closer to the beautiful peacefulness of the forest.
During this trip we will go on about 3 km ride through the snowy forest in the sleigh pulled by reindeer.
The ride will take place at a local reindeer farm nearby Rovaniemi, where you will meet real reindeer
herders, who will tell you about their way of life hand in hand with nature.
There are many great possibilities for taking photos during this tour whilst at the farm.
One can also feed the reindeer their favourite snacks. Warm drinks with a pastry are served indoors,
while you listen to interesting stories about reindeer herding and wilderness life in Lapland.
The transfer from Rovaniemi central area takes about 30 minutes one way, you can enjoy the peaceful
atmosphere of the countryside during the way.
Program duration is approximately 3 hours including transfers.
Please note that the transfer back may have a delay of up to around 30 minutes, in this case you can enjoy the beautiful nature or warm up inside.
Daily at 10.00 and 12.00 from 01.12 to 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 125€ per person
Children (4 – 14 years): 90€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks and a scarf)
- Visit to the reindeer farm with a sleigh ride of approximately 3 km (duration of the ride 30 – 45 minutes). The sleigh fits 2 adults and 1 to 2 small children.
- Hot drinks and pastry while listening to the stories of the reindeer herder way of life
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request