Reindeer Safari to Search for the Northern Lights
Seeing the northern lights is a very impressive experience – especially while enjoying the peace
and tranquility of a reindeer sleigh ride. Whilst searching for the northern lights we peacefully
move through the arctic forests wrapped up warm on our sleighs.
The safari takes place at a local reindeer farm close to Rovaniemi but far enough away that the city lights
don’t disturb us. At the farm you will meet real reindeer herders who share their experiences of life hand-in-hand with nature.
The reindeer sleigh ride takes about 45 minutes, after which we head back indoors for warm snacks and stories of reindeer
herding, northern lights and wilderness life. There are plenty of opportunities throughout the safari to take photos.
The program duration is approximately 3 - 4 hours including transfers.
Please note: Northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity,
vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
Please note that the transfer back may have a delay of up to around 30 minutes, in this case you can enjoy the beautiful nature or warm up inside.
Daily at 19.00 from 01.12 - 14.03
Daily at 20.00 from 15.03 - 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 140€ per person
Children (4 - 14 years): 97€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks and a scarf)
- Visit to the reindeer farm with a sleigh ride of approximately 3 km (duration of the ride 30 – 45 minutes). The sleigh fits 2 adults and 1 to 2 small children.
- Hot drinks and sweet buns enjoyed in the warmth of indoors
- Plenty of photo opportunities of the northern lights, reindeer and the surrounding nature
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request