Visit to a Local Reindeer Farm
Reindeer farms are an important part of Lapland’s life and culture. This tour will take you to visit a local reindeer farm close to Rovaniemi where you will see reindeer and their herders, who will tell you about their way of life hand in hand with nature.
There are many great possibilities for taking photos during this tour whilst at the farm. One can
also feed the reindeer their favourite snacks and enjoy a short reindeer sleigh ride of 400 meters along the beautiful
forest trails. Warm drinks with a pastry are served indoors while you listen to interesting stories about reindeer
herding and wilderness life in Lapland.
Program duration is approximately 2 hours including transfers.
Daily at 09.30
from 01.12 – 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks and a scarf)
- Visit to the reindeer farm with a 400 m sleigh ride (duration of the ride approximately 5 minutes). The sleigh fits 2 adults and 1 to 2 small children.
- Hot drinks and pastry while listening to the stories of the reindeer herder way of life
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request