Family Snowmobile Safari
This snowmobile safari is specialised for families with little children. We will go for the ride on the forest trails around Santa Claus Village area, where parents can ride their own snowmobile and children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price. You will enjoy the beautiful wintery scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy nature.
After adult-snowmobiling, it is time for children to have more fun. We arrive at a special area, where it is safe for children to ride on their own on a mini-snowmobile. Self-riding is suitable for children up to 11 – 12 years; small kids will be helpedby the guide. At the same time the guide will light up a bonfire and we will enjoy a picnic where everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages and enjoy Lappish berry juice to keep you warm.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Daily at 14.00 from 01.12 – 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 135€/person (if 2 on 1 snowmobile)
Adults: 190€/person (if 1 on 1 snowmobile)
Children (4 – 14 years): 97€/person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes.
- A mini-snowmobile ride for children in a safe area (5 - 10 minutes) and a bonfire picnic with grilled sausages and hot Lappish berry juice. The duration of these activities is 1 hour.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request