Snowmobile Safari to a Husky Camp
This snowmobile safari will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the forest trails around Santa Claus Village area and enjoy the thrill of a husky ride. The beautiful wintry scenery makes for fantastic photo opportunities whilst driving through the local forest area.
After snowmobiling we go to the local husky camp to find out more
about dog sledding in the Arctic areas. As the highlight of the experience, you will get to ride in the sled pulled by a
team of excited and sporty huskies. Warm drinks are served at the same time as you hear stories about the dogs,
their breeds, pedigrees and daily life in the kennel. You can pet the dogs and take a lot of photos.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour
and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations.
Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the
sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Daily at 12.00 from 01.12 – 31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobiling includes driving instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes
- Visit to the husky farm and a sled ride pulled by a husky team (2 km, 7 – 10 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories and interesting facts about the husky dog and its life. The time here is approximately 1 hour.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request