Snowmobile Safari to a Reindeer Farm
This snowmobile safari will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the forest trails around Santa Claus
Village area and enjoy an exciting reindeer ride.
You will experience beautiful wintry scenery whilst driving through
the forests and have the opportunity to take many photos. We will follow the trails to a local reindeer farm where
you will get to experience a short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. We then warm ourselves up in a Lappish tepee
called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies are served for the guests. Here we take part in the
mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony. You will be awarded with the international reindeer driving license and the Arctic
Circle crossing certificate.
The duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1
hour and 30–40 minutes and time in the reindeer farm is 1 hour. The average speed during our short tours is
limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an
extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Daily at 09.00 from 01.12–31.03
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30–40 minutes.
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (600 meters, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life, and an Arctic Circle Ceremony. The time here is approximately 1 hour.
- International Reindeer Driving License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request