This is a 2 full day safari for people who want to experience snowmobiling in the backcountry of Rovaniemi, out from the regular tourist areas.
There are hundreds of kilometers of wilderness trails to choose and guide will decide the best possible directions based on the weather and snow conditions.
We start the tour riding our snowmobiles to the North direction from the Santa Claus Village.
Journey takes us through the beautiful winterish forest and we make several stops on the way to enjoy the frozen nature and landscapes.
On the way we are passing the traditional reindeer round about, wooden fences in the deep wilderness, where during the autumn the masses of reindeer are gathered. Guide will explain to you about its purpose during the “erotus” – the highlight of reindeer herders year.
Our new models of deep snow sport and crossover snowmobiles will guarantee excellent riding experiences at the different landscapes.
Overnight stay is in the remote cosy wilderness cabin with sauna, all meals included!
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Private groups - all dates on request
895 € per person
Private tour (on request) 2–4 people: 1345 € per person
Private tour (on request) 5–10 people: 895 € per person
Minimum 2 people traveling together
- All transfers and activities mentioned in the program
- 1 night accommodation in wilderness cabin, shared facilities
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Driving equipment, thermal outer-clothing and boots
- Professional guiding in English
- International flights
- Recommended stay in Rovaniemi before and after the tour
- Travel insurance
- Rovaniemi, Finland
Travel program Click to openClick to close
Day 1 (~100 km)
- Pick up in the morning from your hotel / airport / train station in Rovaniemi
- Meeting and greeting with the group.
- Preparations: we provide you with thermal outfits (trousers, jacket, woolen socks, boots, scarf, commando hat and gloves), driving equipment and a waterproof bag for your personal supplies needed during the tour. The rest of your luggage will be kept in Rovaniemi.
- Safety brief and driving instructions, departure to the wilderness.
- Full day snowmobiling in the Arctic Circle back country. The guide will choose the way according to participants skills and experience.
- Lunch on the way.
- Snowmobile safari continues through the forests.
- Arrival to the cosy wilderness hut located in the remote forest. Lights are on, food is about to be ready and sauna is warm.
- Delicious home-cooked Lappish dinner (3 courses: soup, stew and dessert).
- A relaxing evening in the real Finnish sauna. Great option to spot Northern Lights.
Day 2 (~100 km)
- Breakfast in the cabin.
- Packing of your belongings and departure.
- Full day snowmobiling tour back to Rovaniemi on different trails.
- Lunch during the day.
- In the afternoon arrival back to Rovaniemi, end of the safari.
- You will be rewarded with the Great Adventure Certificates.
- Transfer to your hotel / airport / train station.
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- Group size is maximum 8 people plus guide
- The safari is suitable for everyone with normal physical conditions
- You will get high quality thermal outdoor outfits and boots for the snowmobile safari. We will ask for your sizes before hand and the outfits will be waiting you on the spot. There is no personal outdoor equipment required, but functional long sport underwear and warm layer beneath your jacket is recommended for your own comfort
- Deductibles in case of snowmobile damage 900 €
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.