The snowmobile adventure to the Hibini mountains located on the exotic Kola Peninsula is also a journey back in time.
You can sense the Soviet aura, that makes all local venues very simple and basic, but you will still have a comfortable stay.
The safari is suitable for everybody who are willing to improve their riding skills or challenge themselves. Overnights will be spent in a local hotel and a guest house, offering comfortable facilities for your stay. Daily trips to mountains 100-150 km per day, new deep snow sport and mountain snowmobiles 600-900cc are used (1 person/snowmobile).
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
All tours on request
2055 € per person
Minimum 4 people traveling together
- All transfers and activities mentioned in the program
- 3 night accommodation in Hibini Hotel and Ramsay Sever guest house, double/twin rooms
- All meals according to the program
- Avalanche security training
- Mountain Riding Academy
- Driving equipment, thermal outer-clothing, boots and avalanche security kit
- Professional guiding in English and Finnish
- International flights to Rovaniemi
- Recommended overnight before and after the tour
- Travel insurance
- Russian Visa
- Rovaniemi, Finland
Travel program Click to openClick to close
- Morning pick-up from your hotel /airport / train station in Rovaniemi.
- Bus transfer to Kirovsk in Russia.
- Pick up participants arriving to Kuusamo Airport or Kuusamo hotels on the way if needed.
- Lunch stop.
- Border formalities.
- Late afternoon arrival to Hibini Hotel, check in twin rooms.
- Dinner in the hotel.
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Preparations: we provide you with thermal outfits (trousers, jacket, woolen socks, boots, scarf, commando hat and gloves), driving equipment and a waterproof bag for your personal supplies needed during the tour. The rest of your luggage will be kept in Kirovsk and you will receive it back when returning from the safari.
- Snowmobile drive to Ramsay Sever valley (about 20 km).
- Lunch on the way.
- Accommodation in Ramsay Sever guest house, double/twin rooms.
- Avalanche security course: how to behave in case of avalanche in the mountains.
- Mountain Academy: practical skills for driving the snowmobile in difficult conditions, the safari continues.
- Dinner and sauna in the guesthouse.
- Breakfast in the guesthouse.
- Guided tour in Avalanche Research Center to learn about the work of avalanche rescue team.
- Snowmobiling in the mountains according to the weather in a different landscapes.
- Lunch during the day.
- The snowmobiling continues.
- Return to the guesthouse and relaxation in the sauna.
- Early breakfast in the guesthouse.
- Snowmobiling back to Hibini village (about 20 km).
- Repacking all the equipment and bus transfer back to Finland (7- 8 hours).
- Border formalities.
- Stop for dropping off the participants in Kuusamo if needed, continue to Rovaniemi, end of safari.
- You will be rewarded with the Great Adventure Certificates.
- Transfer to your hotel / airport / train station.
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- Group size is maximum 8 people plus guide.
- You will get high quality thermal outdoor outfits and boots for the snow mobile safari. We will ask for your sizes before hand and the outfits will be waiting you on spot. There is no personal outdoor equipment required, but functional long sport underwear and warm layer beneath your jacket is recommended for your own comfort.
- You will take part of the Mountain Academy where we will teach you practical skills for mountain sledding, jumps, turns and one ski riding. Location of driving will be decided in each morning according to the weather conditions.
- Deductibles in case of snowmobile damage 900€.
- Please note you will be responsible for applying the Russian visa. Passport has to be valid for at least 6 months in safari date forward.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This also concerns changes in programs as a result of weather conditions.