Four day snowmobile journey takes us through the beautiful winterish forest to the hidden side of Eastern Lapland, places that locals know but tourists hardly ever visit.
Starting from Rovaniemi we will ride to the small village of Savukoski, which in terms of the area is a big city with couple of grocery stores and services available. Next day we will enter the deep wilderness of the untouched areas near the Russian border, enjoying the ride in the powder snow. On the way we will visit a tiny village of Tulppio for a lunch and go to see unique steam locomotive with skis, which was used by the forest workers in the beginning of 20th century. Second overnight will be in another tiny border village Kemihaara, where we’ll stay as a guests of a local family.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Private groups – all times on request
1895 € per person
Private tour (on request) 2–4 people: 2845 € per person
Private tour (on request) 5–10 people: 1895 € per person
Minimum 2 people traveling together
- All transfers and activities mentioned in the program
- 3 night accommodation in local guest houses
- Meals according to the program (3 breakfast, 4 lunch, 3 dinners)
- Driving equipment, thermal outer-clothing and boots
- Professional guiding in English and Finnish
- International flights to Rovaniemi Airport
- Recommended stay before and after the tour
- Travel insurance
- Rovaniemi, Finland
Travel program Click to openClick to close
Day 1 (~180 km)
- Morning pick-up from your hotel /airport / train station in Rovaniemi.
- Meeting and greeting with the group.
- Preparations: we provide you with thermal outfits (trousers, jacket, woolen socks, boots, scarf, commando hat and gloves), driving equipment and a waterproof bag for your personal supplies needed during the tour.
- Departure to the snowmobile safari towards Savukoski
- Local lunch on the way in Kemijärvi city
- Continue the safari to Savukoski, the hometown of Mrs. Santa Claus. We will arrive to the cosy local hotel. Riverside sauna experience with the opportunity for ice swimming.
- Delicious dinner served in the hotel restaurant
Day 2 (~150 km)
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Snowmobiling program through the deep wilderness of the untouched areas near the Russian border, enjoying the ride in the powder snow. On the way we will visit a tiny village of Tulppio for a lunch and go to see unique steam locomotive with skis, which was used by the forest workers in the beginning of 20th century.
- In the afternoon we will reach another tiny border village called Kemihaara, which is considered to be in the Middle of Nowhere even in the terms of remote Lapland.
We will stay as a guests of a local family, who will prepare a delicious local dinner for us using the ingredients from their own land and forest. Many previous visitors consider this as one of the highlights of the trip.
- Traditional Finnish sauna
Day 3 (150 km)
- Breakfast in the guest house
- Continue snowmobile safari, we will pass Korvatunturi area, which is known as the place where Santa Claus was born. The day is a full day of deep snow driving in the wilderness, the final route will be decided depending on the snow and weather conditions.
- Lunch on the way.
- This day will be ended at the Pyhä Ski Resort in the cosy accommodation. It is time to rest from the long day in the outdoors!
- Delicious dinner served in the restaurant
Day 4 (~180 km)
- Breakfast in the hotel
- We pack our belongings and start riding snowmobiles back to Rovaniemi. It is an easy trail through the forest, and over the lakes.
- Lunch on the way
- Late afternoon arrival at the Arctic Circle and end of the safari
- You will be rewarded with the Great Adventure Certificates.
- Transfer to your hotel / airport / train station.
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- Group size is maximum 8 people plus guide.
- The safari is suitable for everyone with normal physical conditions, but due to the duration it requires more interest for snowmobiling.
- You will get high quality thermal outdoor outfits and boots for the snow mobile safari. We will ask for your sizes before hand and the outfits will be waiting you on spot. There is no personal outdoor equipment required, but functional long sport underwear and warm layer beneath your jacket is recommended for your own comfort.
- Deductibles in case of snowmobile damage 900 €
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This also concerns changes in programs as a result of weather conditions.