This cabin represents traditional Finnish building style of lumberjacks living and working in the forest. The house is built of large logs, which are visible both from outside and inside. In its two wings, Aurora Borealis has eight standard bedrooms in total, each with two beds.
Both groups of four bedrooms have their own lounge area, shower and two toilets. There is no kitchen in Aurora Borealis House, but a fridge and means to boil water are provided. Meals can be ordered in advance from the restaurant. The house is located in the central area of Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge, only 60 meters from the main building and riverside sauna. There is a small terrace at the entrance and the cabin is also wheelchair accessible. No extra beds can be added to Aurora Borealis Rooms.
During other times Aurora Borealis Rooms are available as wings of four bedrooms, lounge, shower and two toilets.
– Main house and saunas – 60 m
– Hiking routes – 100 m
– Rovaniemi airport – 19 km
– Rovaniemi city centre and train station – 23 km
– Santa Claus Village – 16 km
Summer Season Prices (10.04.–19.11.2017)
Aurora Borealis Apartment, 1–8 persons: 235 €
Aurora Borealis Building, 1–16 persons: 470 €
Prices include VAT, linen and final cleaning. Breakfast is available from groups of min. 10 persons on advance request, price 15 € per person.
Winter Season Prices (20.11.2017.–07.04.2018)
Aurora Borealis Room, 1–2 persons: 110 €
Aurora Borealis Apartment, 1–8 persons: 440 €
Prices include VAT, breakfast, linen, final cleaning and use of sauna during public sauna shifts.
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- BREAKFAST: Buffet breakfast is served in the Main Lodge and is included in the room rate from November till March. Outside the Winter season breakfast can be pre-ordered for the price of 15€ (min. 2 persons).
- RESTAURANT: Restaurant is located at the Main Lodge and offers half and full board options. We request to pre-order these meals. December - March min 2 person, April - November min 10 person. Daily Lunch 20 €/person and Buffet Dinner 30 €/person.
- SAUNA: Price includes use of Riverside sauna on scheduled sauna shifts for men and women. Private Sauna rental 200 €/3 hours, advance bookings required.
- CHECK IN: Check in time: 16.00. Check out time: 12.00. Unless agreed otherwise.
- TRANSFERS: We are happy to provide airport pick ups and other transfers, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOOKINGS: All additional services and single room reservations can be made by phone +358 500 599 999 or by e-mail email@example.com
- Group reservations (min 10 persons) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities in Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge Click to openClick to close
- HIKING: Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge is located at the gateway of Arctic Circle Hiking Area. You can choose among different length of marked hiking trails from 400 meters to 15 km.
- SNOWSHOES: Rent snowshoes to wonder around the beautiful forest area on your own. Price is 5 € per person per 3 hours, please inquire from the staff on spot.
- FOREST SKIS: Rent forest skis to go for a longer hikes in the forest. Forest skis are designed especially to move in the deep snow, they are longer than normal cross country skis. Fits all sizes. Price is 5 € per person per 3 hours, please inquire from the staff on spot.
- WINTER SAFARIS: There is a wide selection of winter safaris available in Rovaniemi. You can join Wild Nordic own production tours with free transfer from the Lodge. All our snowmobiling safaris are starting from Santa Claus Village, it is possible to combine the activity with free time to visit the Village. Selection of all safaris: https://wildnordic.fi/safaris/rovaniemi-safaris/, please contact email@example.com to find suitable tours for you!
- VISIT SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE: It takes only 15 minutes ride to Santa Claus Village where you can spend your day discovering and enjoying the Christmas magic. Return transfer price is 60 € for max 4 people, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS Click to openClick to close
These terms are binding when the reservation is made and if not otherwise agreed by writing. Villi Pohjola Oy (Ltd) reserves the right to revise the pricing. Villi Pohjola Oy (Ltd) is bound by the laws of Finland. All disputes and discords which may arise are to be settled according to the laws of Finland.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
– 30% reservation fee is charged 14 days after the confirmation of reservation.
– Reservation is confirmed after the payment is received.
– 100% of the total is charged 14 days prior to arrival.
– Deposits paid are non-refundable.
– Cancellation is free of charge if it is made before the payment of reservation fee.
– Cancellation made more than 14 days prior to arrival, 30% reservation fee applies.
– Cancellation made less than 14 days prior to arrival – the whole value of the reservation is charged.
All changes to be received by writing within the office hours of Finland, Monday–Friday 09.00–17.00.