Auttiköngäs is a dream-come-true destination for day trip visitors. The drive will take about an hour and photo stops can be made along the way.
The area´s main sight and attraction is the 16 m high Auttiköngäs Falls. Auttiköngäs was established as a protected forest in 1995; later it was named a landscape forest.
The forest in the Auttiköngäs area is so old that it can be called primary or virgin forest. There has never been any organised logging in the area. The hike is 3.5 km long and contains a moderate elevation gain (240 m). The terrain is varying and jagged and runs across one of Finland’s most spectacular waterfalls, through peaceful old-growth forest to a hilltop with views over Taiga forests.
After 2 km walk you can get your breath back while enjoying a snack and hot beverage by the open fire. Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing including footwear. A rain jacket may be needed depending on the weather forecast. Tour duration is 4-5 hours including transfers from Rovaniemi.
Duration: 4-5 hours
On request daily at 09.30 - 14.30 from 30.04.2018 - 30.09.2018
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 105€ per person
Children (4-14y): 75€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Complimentary snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/ hour on weekdays and 55€/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village and Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick-up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the tour departure.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
14-7 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
7-3 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
Less than 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount.
Wild Nordic Finland reserves the right to make alterations to the departure times, programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.