Your excursion to one of Finland’s most magnificent waterfalls starts with pick-up from your hotel or apartments. The drive will take about an hour and photo stops can be made along the way.
Auttiköngäs is a dream-come-true destination for day trip visitors. The area´s main sight and attraction is the 16-metre-high Auttiköngäs Falls. Auttiköngäs was established as a protected forest in 1995; later it was named a landscape forest. Today Auttiköngäs is part of the Northern Finland old-growth forest protection program. The forest in the Auttiköngäs area is so old that it can be called primary or virgin forest. There has never been any organised logging in the area.
The hike is 3.5 km long and contains moderate elevation gain (240m). The terrain is varying and jagged and runs across one of Finland’s most spectacular waterfalls, through peaceful old-growth forest to a hilltop with views over Taiga forests.
After 2 kilometers walk you can get your breath back while enjoying a snack and hot beverage by the open fire.
Duration: 4-5 hours
On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 09:30 - 14:30 from 15.05.2017 - 30.09.2017
Adults 105€ per person
Children (4-14y) 75€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Complimentary snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- All described activities, services and equipment
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation from Wild Nordic.
- All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00 - 16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the booking.
The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
- Total cancellation:
– 7-3 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
– 3-1 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
– less than 24 hours or no show 100% of the total amount.
Online reservation cancellation handling fee is 25 € per reservation. The fee applies for any reservations booked and paid via Wild Nordic webshop.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.