Take a white hike! Open your senses and experience a silence of the forest in the night. Snow reflection, stars and moon are giving us light, while finding a way in the darkness. Snowshoeing is a great way to experience Lapland wintry wildernesses, enjoy the fresh and clean air and get some exercise.
After a 20-minute transfer we will arrive to the Wilderness Lodge, traditional lumberjack manor nestled by the beautiful river of Raudanjoki. We cross the walking bridge to the river island where we can admire frozen rapids. The area provides high chance to spot Northern Lights.
You will get all the needed equipment and we head for the forests trail. Using snowshoes is easy, you don’t need to be a skilled skier to learn what snowshoe hiking is all about – reasonably good balance and warm clothing is all you need. During the trip there will be a break to make an open fire where we enjoy hot chocolate drink and sweet buns in the lovely wintry atmosphere.
Please note: Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Daily at 19.00 - 21.30 from 1.12.2017 - 31.03.2018
Adults: 79 € per person
Children (4-14 y): 59 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf)
- Hot chocolate and sweet buns
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2017. to 31.03.2018 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.