This is a full day snowmobile tour for those who really want to do snowmobiling and experience the best of Lapland wilderness. The tour takes you further from the usual safari trails as we ride on snowmobiles to the North direction from the Santa Claus Village. Journey takes us through the beautiful winterish forest and we make several stops on the way to enjoy the frozen nature and landscapes.
There will be a longer break while we reach the Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge – a traditional lumberjack house nestled by the river of Raudanjoki. Surrounded by beautiful rapids, lush shoreline forest and pristine nature, you can walk around in the Lodge area, visit the river island and admire frozen rapids. Delicious hot soup lunch will be prepared and eaten by a campfire to fill you up with warmth and extra energy. After lunch it is time to test your luck in ice fishing, the favourite hobby of many laplanders. Your guide will give you the equipment and after a little walk on the ice, you will be instructed to drill a hole and set your fishing hook.
There are hundreds of kilometers of trails to choose and guide will decide the best possible direction based on your riding skills and weather conditions. On the way you might pass some interesting sights, spot some animal tracks etc and your guide will make sure these small wonders will not be unnoticed. In the afternoon we take a coffee break in the forest and soon after that it is time to turn back towards home.
Please note you will stay outdoors for minimum 8 hours and have long snowmobile ride. 2 adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge.
Single riding is much more enjoyable due to the nature and duration of the tour.
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
Snowmobile safaris start and end in the Wild Nordic office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Duration: 8 hours
Daily at 09.00 - 17.00 from 1.12.2017 - 31.03.2018
Adults: 199 € per person (if 2 on 1 snowmobile)
Adults: 278 € per person (if 1 on 1 snowmobile)
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Soup lunch and hot drinks prepared at the campfire
- Snack break at the forest camp
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2017. to 31.03.2018 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.