The perfect way to experience the magnificent taiga forests of Lapland. Enjoy the sound of silence as you mush your own dog-team through the remote trails just north of Rovaniemi and the Arctic Circle.
After arrival to the kennel, you will receive safety- and driving instructions. The length of the trail depends on the weather conditions and the skills of the participants.
Usually we travel 30-40 km during this tour. After or during the tour (weather dependent), we enjoy a hearty campfire lunch. Lots of talk about huskies and sled dog races guaranteed.
You can choose to drive your sled alone, or share the experience with a partner. The duration of the tour is including the transfer times from and back to town.
Duration: 8 hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 09.00-17.00 from 10.1.2018 to 31.03.2018
Adults: 259 € per person (2 on 1 sledge)
Adults: 319 € per person (1 on 1 sledge)
Not recommended for children
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Campfire lunch
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2017. to 31.03.2018 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.