You don’t need any experience or special equipment to come with us on this tour, just a sense of adventure. Bring the recommended clothing, backpack, and camera and we’ll provide everything else.
Our shuttle will transport us to the right place. Ride takes approximately 1 hour 20 minutes one way. Photo stops can be made along the way to capture the stunning views of this scenic Lappish nature and its surrounding.
We start on a well-maintained national park trail and proceed 4.5 kilometers along the canyon. This part of the trip takes about two – two and a half hours. During the hike, our knowledgeable guides identify many of the native plants and flowers. Quite frequently we see reindeer, moose, red fox along the way.
Upon arrival to the forest camp, snacks will be offered by the open fire.
Korouoma is a 30-km-long fracture valley running from northwest to southeast on the border of the municipalities of Posio and Ranua. It is part of a fracture zone which is hundreds of millions of years old. In the centre of Korouoma the fracture valley forms a canyon that has worn its way into the surrounding terrain. At its deepest the gorge is approximately 100-130 metres deep. Its cliff walls are tens of metres high and extremely steep and at points vertical. The bottom of this canyon is level and it is 200 to 500 metres wide. Parts of the canyon have become boggy and the narrow twisting River Korojoki meanders through it.
Please notice! The tour is not suitable for young children. The route is relatively easy but requires basic physical fitness.
Duration: 5-6 hours
On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 09:30 - 15:30 from 15.05.2017 - 30.09.2017
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults 125€ per person
Children (4-14y) 85€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- All described activities, services and equipment
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation from Wild Nordic.
- All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00 - 16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the booking.
The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
- Total cancellation:
– 7-3 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
– 3-1 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
– less than 24 hours or no show 100% of the total amount.
Online reservation cancellation handling fee is 25 € per reservation. The fee applies for any reservations booked and paid via Wild Nordic webshop.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.