Korouoma is a 30 km long fracture valley, part of a fracture zone which is hundreds of millions of years old. In the centre of Korouoma the fracture valley forms an open canyon that has worn its way into the surrounding terrain.
At its deepest the canyon is approximately 100-130 m deep. The bottom of this canyon is level and it is 200 to 500 m wide. Parts of the canyon have become boggy at the bottom and the narrow twisting River Korojoki meanders along the base of the canyon.
You don’t need any experience or special equipment to come with us on this tour, just a sense of adventure. Bring the recommended clothing, backpack, and camera and we’ll provide everything else. We will provide transport for you to get to the National Park. The drive takes approximately 1 hour 20 minutes one way.
We start on a well-maintained national park trail and proceed 4.5 km along the canyon. This part of the trip takes about 2-2,5 hours. During the hike our guides introduce you to many of the native plants and flowers of Lapland. We also have the chance to see reindeer, moose or red fox along the way. Upon arrival to the forest camp, snacks are offered by the open fire.
Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing including footwear. A rain jacket may be needed depending on the weather forecast. Tour duration is 5 hours including transfers from Rovaniemi centre.
Please notice! The tour is not suitable for young children. The route is relatively easy but requires basic physical fitness.
Duration: 5 hours
On request daily at 09:30 - 14.30 from 01.06.2018 - 01.11.2018
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 125€ per person
Children (4-14y): 85€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/ hour on weekdays and 55€/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village and Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick-up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the tour departure.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
14-7 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
7-3 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
Less than 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount.
Wild Nordic Finland reserves the right to make alterations to the departure times, programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.