The midnight sun is a natural phenomenon that occurs in the summer months in places north of the Arctic Circle, when the sun remains visible at the local midnight. A wonderful night adventure for unique natural phenomenon lovers and outdoor enthusiasts, which offers great chances for magnificent photos.
Our tour takes you up to the top of fabulous Santavaara Hill. A trip from Rovaniemi city center will take no more than 25 minutes by car. The path leads through small birch forests and it takes about 30 minutes of walking until we reach the top of the hill above the treeline. The route is relatively easy but requires good basic physical fitness. On days with good weather, the view up here is incredibly beautiful.
The guide will set up a fire for you, using the classic method of mining fire – flint and bark of a tree. We will use campfire not only for warmth, but also for cooking. Delicious and simple midnight snacks will be prepared by your guide. If we are lucky, we will be able to see wild arctic animals: reindeer, moose, forest birds.
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and appropriate footwear.
Duration: 3-4 hours
Daily at 21.00 - 00.00 from 25.05.2018 - 25.07.2018
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 95€ per person
Children (4-14y): 65€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Snacks & beverages by the open fire
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/ hour on weekdays and 55€/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village and Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick-up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the tour departure.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
14-7 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
7-3 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
Less than 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount.
Wild Nordic Finland reserves the right to make alterations to the departure times, programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.