Midnight sun is one of the most amazing phenomena in Lapland during the summer months. During June and July, the sun does not set below the horizon and we can experience the most amazing colours and stunning views to horizon.
On this tour we will take you to the best locations around Rovaniemi to experience and photograph this amazing phenomenon.
We start from Rovaniemi and drive to a few different locations to catch the vivid light of the sunset. The tour is scheduled so that we are able to photograph the best moments of the sunset and sunrise around midnight!
The locations we will take you offers great sceneries and nature around us. We will photograph next to rivers and lakes, forests and wilderness areas to be able to get authentic landscapes under the midnight sun. We will teach you some basics of photographing in dusk light and how to catch all the amazing colours in your camera. During the tour we also set up a campfire and eat some fried sausages while experiencing the nightless night.
Please note: We highly recommend that you bring your own DSLR camera to our tours, as we cannot guarantee that you are able to take night photos with compact or phone cameras.
Duration: 3-4 hours
Daily at 21.30, from 01.06.2018-12.08.2018
Adults: 119 € per person
Children (4-14 y): 119€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Snacks around the open fire
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/ hour on weekdays and 55€/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village and Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick-up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the tour departure.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
14-7 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
7-3 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
Less than 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount.
Wild Nordic Finland reserves the right to make alterations to the departure times, programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.