Come and search for the Northern Lights by heading to secluded areas only accessible by a 4WD vehicle. We leave the lights of the city behind and head into the darkness for our adventure without the discomfort of big crowds. Even the locals might not know all the places we can take you to!
You will be picked up at your hotel by our expert Northern Lights guide. Upon our search for the Northern Lights we might travel through some of Rovaniemi’s most spectacular natural sights. 4WD vehicle gives us the flexibility to go off the beaten path to locations the big buses can not reach, giving us a greater chance to enjoy the Northern Lights and the wonders of the night sky. In the cold night, one of the best ways to keep yourself warm is some hot chocolate, which will be served by your guide.
This 4WD tour is all about Northern Lights hunting and you’ll spend the full 3–4 hours finding the best location for Aurora viewing. Given clear skies and a little bit of luck, sightings can occur throughout from autumn to spring.
Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, good warm shoes and woolly socks. Northern Lights tours require spending time outside at night and watching the skies sometimes for a longer while. Dress warmly, there is no such thing as too many layers of clothes on Aurora tours.
Please note: Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
Duration: 3 hours
Daily at 21:30 - 00:30 from 25.08.2017 to 15.04.2018
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults 150 € per person
Children (4-14y): 95 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price, maximum group size 4 people
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Thermal clothing
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 37 €/ hour on weekdays and 52 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.