Reindeer sleigh ride is a very old way of travelling in Lapland. During this trip we will go about 3,5 km ride through the snowy forest in the sleigh pulled by the reindeer.
The ride will take place at the local reindeer farm nearby Rovaniemi, where you will meet the real reindeer herders, who will tell you about their way of life hand by hand with nature. There are many great possibilities for taking photos during the safari and tour in the farm; you can also feed the reindeers with their favourite snacks. Warm drinks with buns are served indoors of the farm, while you listen to interesting stories about reindeer herding and wilderness life in Lapland.
The transfer from Rovaniemi central area takes about 30 minutes one way, you can enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the countryside during the way. Program duration is approximately 2,5 hours including transfers.
Duration: 2,5 hours
Daily at 09.00 - 11.30 and 12.00 -14.30 from 1.12.2018 to 31.12.2018
Daily at 10.00 - 12.30 and 14.00 -16.30 from 1.01.2019 to 31.03.2019
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 125 € per person
Children (4-14y): 90 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Hot drinks and pastry
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2018. to 31.03.2019 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39 €/ hour on weekdays and 55 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.