This tour offers the opportunity to try out most popular activities in Lapland during the same program: snowmobile safari, reindeer and husky rides. We start the tour by snowmobiles and you have a chance to ride your own snowmobile around the Arctic Circle area. You can enjoy the beautiful wintery forest scenery and take photos in the short stops made during the ride.
We will make a stop at the local reindeer farm where you will get to experience short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride (~700 meters). We warm ourselves up in the Lappish tepee called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies will be served for the guests. Here we take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle ceremony. After snowmobiling we will go to the local husky man’s camp to find out more about the dog sledding in the Arctic areas. As a highlight of the experience, you will get to ride in the sleigh pulled by the team of anxious and sporty huskies. Distance of the husky ride is 2 km and it takes about 7 – 10 minutes. Warm drinks are served at the same time when you hear stories about the dogs, their breeds, pedigrees and daily life in the kennel. You can pet the dogs and take a lot of photos.
Duration of the program is 4 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes, time in the reindeer farm 1 hour and husky camp 1 hour. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations.
Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge.
The tour is suitable for families with children; children are traveling in the sledge pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
Snowmobile safaris start and end in the Wild Nordic office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Duration: 4 hours
Daily at 9.00 - 13.00 from 01.12.2018 - 31.03.2019
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 193€ per person (if 2 on 1 snowmobile)
Children (4-14y): 144€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Visit to the Reindeer farm and a short sleigh ride
- Visit to the Husky Farm and a sled ride pulled by a Husky team
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2018. to 31.03.2019 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39 €/ hour on weekdays and 55 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.