This evening departure of a snowmobile safari will be a special experience to discover the magic of snowy forests in the night. Given extra light by the white snow reflection or the stars and the moon, we follow the snowmobile trails away from city lights and looking for the spot to admire the sky.
The guide will light up a bonfire and we will enjoy a picnic while waiting for the Northern Lights to appear. Everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages on the fire and we will serve Lappish berry juice to keep you warm. For taking proper photos in darkness, you can bring along the tripod for your camera.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30-40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge. The tour is suitable for families with children; Children are traveling in the sledge pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. We recommend having an early dinner in the hotel before the departure.
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently.
If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
Please note: Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
Duration: 3 hours
Daily at 19.00 - 22.00 from 1.12.2018 - 14.03.2019
Daily at 20.00 - 23.00 from 15.03.2019 - 31.03.2019
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 129€ per person (if 2 on 1 snowmobile)
Adults: 184€ per person (if 1 on 1 snowmobile)
Children (4-14y): 95€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Grilled sausages on open fire
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Tours are available from 01.12.2018. to 31.03.2019 or depending on the snow conditions of the year.
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide.
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900 €. By purchasing additional self liability waiver for 30€ you can reduce your maximum self liability to 150€.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39 €/ hour on weekdays and 55 €/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.