Reindeer are an inseparable part of Lapland’s nature. Reindeer herding as a way of life- in its current form- is at least 500 years old.
On the visit to the local reindeer farm you will meet the young owners Ari and Sampo who will introduce you to the local life of reindeer herders. Reindeers are semi-domesticated animals, and every animal is owned by a herder. In Northern Lapland, reindeer husbandry is still a major source of income for many people.
You can see and feed the animals while listening to incredible stories about them. These activities offer great possibilities to take photos and experience the authentic wilderness life.
Warm drinks are also offered by the open fire.
Duration: 2 hours
Daily from 01.05.2018 to 30.11.2018.
Starting time maybe subject to change
Adults 89 € per person
Children (4-14y): 59 € per person
Minimum of 2 persons paying a full price
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Warm drinks
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/ hour on weekdays and 55€/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village and Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick-up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the tour departure.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
14-7 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
7-3 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
Less than 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount.
Wild Nordic Finland reserves the right to make alterations to the departure times, programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.