Lapland is the world’s largest contiguous area for picking organic berries and mushrooms.
Wild berries and mushrooms can be freely picked in Finland’s forests under everyman’s right. However, be careful what you pick, as some berries and fungi are poisonous. However, your experienced nature guide will help you determine edible options. Besides being an adventure for the senses, a hike through the varied terrain amidst unspoiled nature is also the best possible exercise. The berries nurtured by the midnight sun are also healthy, and can be eaten just as they are when you find them. We take a ride to a secret place to pick up these healthy forest berries.
During our walk we fill up our baskets and of course taste some berries. We will have a break and taste some local snacks with coffee and juice. The trip is suitable for families with children.
The best picking season for most mushrooms and berries runs from late July to early October.
Please note the tour is operated in all weather conditions.
Duration: 3 hours
Daily on request at 16.00 - 19.00 from 1.07.2018 - 12.10.2018
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail
Adults: 75€ per person
Children (4-14 y): 55€ per person
Minimum of 2 persons, maximum of 5 persons
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Additional information Click to openClick to close
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/ hour on weekdays and 55€/ hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from main accommodations in the area of central Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village and Arctic Treehouse Hotel. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- No refund of the tours will be made if the customer misses the pick-up services as a result of failing to wait at the designated pick-up area. Wild Nordic has the right to charge reasonable expenses arising from such neglect to follow the timetable of the program.
Tour reservation is considered confirmed when you receive a written confirmation including confirmation number from Wild Nordic. All bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by e-mail to Wild Nordic during business days on Monday - Friday at 09.00-16.00 Finnish time, minimum one day prior to the tour departure.
- The requested cancellations are subject to the written approval of Wild Nordic.
14-7 days prior to the arrival cancellation fee 25,00€
7-3 days prior to the arrival 50% of the total amount.
Less than 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount.
Wild Nordic Finland reserves the right to make alterations to the departure times, programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.